Can we just take a moment to appreciate that this woman gave up her life long dream for her best friend?
I’m sorry but if you don’t love Charlotte LeBeouf you’re wrong
I feel like Charlotte was such a step forward in storytelling, particularly in something intended for kids.
So often they’re shown that the rich kids are nothing but snobs and that not a single one of them can ever care about someone less fortunate, even if they do call them ‘friend’. A lot of times they’re shown to backstab people to get what they want.
Charlotte’s friendship with Tiana is incredibly strong, despite the usual ‘obstacles’ that might prevent it, like differences in class and race. At the end she is genuinely happy for her best friend, and recognizes that the love between Tiana and Naveen is real and not something she could ever get between.
I wonder if the thought even crossed her mind to say ‘too bad’ and marry the prince anyway?
I don’t think it ever did.
that’s why I freakin’ love Charlotte LeBeouf- she’s such a good friend.
they have this character because they can’t let a black princess stand alone
what other disney princess has a human best friend who took up so much space?
they even made dolls of this white character alongside Tiana dolls
it’s to make the movie and the marketing more palatable to white audiences
her actions, which can be construed as selfless, put a white princess-like character in a good moral light for the same reason
she is here to be sure that white audiences have someone who is cast in a positive light to identify with, even though this is the one and only movie that centers a black princess
they couldn’t just let everyone have a black princess without adding this chick
Exactly. Although it was indeed a step forward for portrayal of women to have two female characters not poisoning each other or locking each other in rooms to gain the upper hand in the pursuit of a man, not competing to be the “fairest of them all” and all that wishwash.
- bitka-goyke reblogged this from k-m-anthony
- birdinator reblogged this from sirpimpmasterarthur
- knightdusk likes this
- scarlet-paperbag reblogged this from stormdancingmoon
- scarlet-paperbag likes this
- ari194 reblogged this from -eyes-like-stars-
- nexra likes this
- artistically-capricious reblogged this from keybladeranger
- keybladeranger reblogged this from khiethy
- stormdancingmoon reblogged this from therealkaichan
- laura-aguiar reblogged this from partofdisneysworld
- intellectualrapist likes this
- pkmn-master-poro reblogged this from megumiuchiha19
- megumiuchiha19 reblogged this from mylifeisananime
- megumiuchiha19 likes this
- milky-dollie reblogged this from therealkaichan
- therealkaichan reblogged this from khiethy
- therealkaichan likes this
- mylifeisananime reblogged this from khiethy
- mylifeisananime likes this
- agirlofmanychins reblogged this from -eyes-like-stars-
- sirenwine likes this
- g4tw2013 likes this
- -eyes-like-stars- reblogged this from khiethy
- anothersillyfangirl likes this
- khiethy reblogged this from a-damn-wizard
- anime-is-art reblogged this from singtillyouthrowup
- anime-is-art likes this
- singtillyouthrowup reblogged this from fevildevil
- fevildevil reblogged this from thevintagemickey
- becauselifeislikeaslideshow reblogged this from to-infinitybeyond
- emarschino likes this
- thelabyrinth-thatislife reblogged this from originalpinkmushroom
- wudevaa reblogged this from gigifrancessca
- moeveil reblogged this from originalpinkmushroom
- thevintagemickey reblogged this from thequeenofheartless
- emnesia likes this
- hollyberry33 likes this
- meisaur likes this
- when-youre-so-lost-in-oceans reblogged this from gigifrancessca
- littledzn reblogged this from partofdisneysworld
- still-surviving-holdon likes this
- anarocipetri likes this
- thefalconator9000 likes this
- dorammie reblogged this from that-disney-blog
- dorammie likes this